Journals and Conference Proceedings
- B. Bingham, N. Kraus, B. Howe, L. Freitag, K. Ball, P. Koski and E. Gallimore, "Passive and active acoustics using an autonomous wave glider," Journal of Field Robotics, vol. 29, no. 6, pp 911-923. doi: 10.1002/rob.21424
- E. Gallimore, J. Partan, I. Vaughn, S. Singh, J. Shusta, and L. Freitag, "The WHOI Micromodem-2: A scalable system for acoustic communications and networking," in OCEANS 2010, Seattle, WA, 20-23 Sept. 2010, pp.1-7. doi: 10.1109/OCEANS.2010.5664354
- A. Kukulya, A. Plueddemann, T. Austin, R. Stokey, M. Purcell, B. Allen, R. Littlefield, L. Freitag, P. Koski, E. Gallimore, J. Kemp, K. Newhall, and J. Pietro, "Under-ice operations with a REMUS-100 AUV in the Arctic," in 2010 IEEE/OES Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV), Monterey, CA, 1-3 Sept. 2010, pp.1-8. doi: 10.1109/AUV.2010.5779661
- L. Freitag, K. Ball, P. Koski, S. Singh, and E. Gallimore, "Acoustic communications for deep-ocean observatories: Results of initial testing at the MBARI MARS node," in OCEANS 2010 IEEE - Sydney, Sydney, Australia, 24-27 May 2010, pp.1-6. doi: 10.1109/OCEANSSYD.2010.5603958
Published Abstracts and Demonstrations
- E. Gallimore, J. Partan, S. Singh, L. Freitag, K. Ball, P. Koski, and A. Beal, "Developments in timing and satellite telemetry with the Micromodem-2," in 7th ACM International Conference on Underwater Networks and Systems (WUWNet ‘12), Los Angeles, CA, 5-6 November 2012.
- L. Freitag, K. Ball, J. Partan, E. Gallimore, S. Singh, and P. Koski, "Underwater Acoustic Network Testbed," in Proc. of ACM International Workshop on UnderWater Networks (WUWNet), Seattle, 2011.
- L. Freitag, J. Partan, K. Ball, S. Singh, E. Gallimore, P. Koski, J. Shusta, I. Vaughn, T. Andrade, and N. Forrester, "WHOI Micromodem-2 and Underwater Acoustic Networking Hardware," in Fourth ACM International Workshop on UnderWater Networks (WUWNet), Berkeley, CA, 3 November 2009.
Invited talks and seminars
- J. Partan, L. Freitag, S. Singh, and E. Gallimore, “Reducing Mutual Interference Between Marine Mammals and Acoustic Modems”, Fifth International Workshop on Detection, Classification, Localization, and Density Estimation of Marine Mammals using Passive Acoustics, Mt. Hood, Oregon, USA, August 21-25, 2011.
- E. Gallimore, “Version Control and Project Management Using Subversion,” Invited talk at the Altium User Group, New England, Westborough, MA, March 4, 2010.
- E. Gallimore and J. Partan, “Modern Printed Circuit Board Design,” WHOI Applied Ocean Physics and Engineering department seminar, Woods Hole, MA, November 4, 2009.
- L. Freitag, K. Ball, J. Shusta, P. Koski, S. Singh, and E. Gallimore, “Underwater Acoustic Networking Development and Demonstration at WHOI,” presented at the Underwater Acoustic Measurements Technologies & Results 3rd International Conference & Exhibition, Nafplion, Greece, 2009.